nf-core - A community effort to collect a curated set of analysis pipelines built using Nextflow.
nf-core is a community effort to collect a curated set of analysis pipelines built using Nextflow.
These pipelines are perfect for facilities – they are highly optimised pipelines with excellent reporting. Each pipeline has validated releases, ensuring excellent reproducibility.
Academic users can also benefit from the portable, documented and easy to use workflows. Workflow developers can use companion templates and tools help to validate your code and simplify common tasks.
New nf-core pipelines are being added all the time – to see the list, please visit http://nf-co.re/pipelines
Nextflow is an incredibly powerful and flexible workflow language. nf-core pipelines adhere to strict guidelines – if one works, they all will. Pipelines come with the following core features:
- Extensive documentation covering installation, usage and description of output files ensures that you won’t be left in the dark.
- CI Testing
- Every time a change is made to the pipeline code, nf-core pipelines use continuous-integration testing to ensure that nothing has broken.
- Stable Releases
- nf-core pipelines use GitHub releases to tag stable versions of the code and software, making pipeline runs totally reproducable.
- Software dependencies are always available in a bundled docker container, which Nextflow can automatically download from dockerhub.
- If you’re not able to use Docker, built-in support for Singularity can solve your HPC container problems. These are built from the docker containers.
- Where possible, pipelines come with a bioconda environment file, allowing you to set up a new environment for the pipeline in a single command.
There are many other contributors from other institutions. For a complete list, please visit http://nf-co.re/about#contributors
See the code for nf-core here: https://github.com/nf-core